Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Style Collage: B is for Books (Pride and Prejudice)

Recently I discovered a cool idea online. Inspired by a previous Teen Vouge article, someone writes words for each of the letters of the alphabet. One must then create an outfit or look that has to be related to that word. Excited, I decided to participate. I missed A but I got started on B right away. This week B was for Books. To start with, I found some of my favorite books that had been updated with cool covers. I decided to do my first look using Jane Austen's "Pride and Prejudice".  After I had the book, I went went searching for the perfect dress. The first place I headed to was ModCloth. Of course, after a quick search the perfect dress was sitting on ModCloth's page. Afterwards, I stayed on the site to search for some matching cream gloves.  Once I had those, I went on to find some dainty gold bird earrings. I knew that matching Victorian boots were a must-have so I raced to find them. Once I had the fabulous boots, I went on to search for a vintage lace parasol. I found it! The vintage beauty was added and I was done with the clothing and accessories. I thought that it would be smashing if I could add a fancy gold and white tea set. I was in luck when I found one from Mikasa. For the little bit of makeup, I picked out a heavenly Vera Wang perfume. The finishing touch was part of a dialogue discussing "Pride and Prejudice". Here is the completed collage (Note: The words at the bottom of the look are a quotation from "Lost in Austen".
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1117666/quotes):

Gloves; Vintage Opera Length Opulence Gloves, $17.99 ModCloth  Tea Set; Riverside Park Gold 40 Piece Set, $379.99 Mikasa  Perfume; Vera Wang Bouqet Eau de Parfum Spray for Women, $70 Walgreens  Earrings; The Preferred Bird Earrings, $7.99 ModCloth  Book; Pride and Prejudice, $20 Anthropologie  Shoes; Cream bullboxer lace up heeled ankle boot, $91.86  Debenhams  Dress; Dancing 'til Daybreak Dress, $99.99 ModCloth  Parasol; Vintage Cream Lace Parasol, $47.22 Cherlaan 
Description: Whether you are sipping tea in your oak library with a book in hand, or strolling among the grounds with your lacy parasol, this outfit will make you almost make you feel as though you were in "Pride and Prejudice".

Until next time! Au revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment