Friday, September 16, 2011

Style Collage: B is for Books (Alice in Wonderland)

When I found the marvelous books with their detailed covers, I fell in love with Alice's Adventure's in Wonderland. White with hot pink flamingos playing croquet, the cover immediately inspired me. I started by finding a pretty tiered white dress. Afterwards, I needed to add a hot pink sash to the dress. One I found one I decided to look at shoes. I was stuck on a striking pair of Alexander McQueen hot pink peep toe wedges. I couldn't resist them. Once I made sure that they worked, I went to find some whimsical jewelry. The first place I looked was Betsey Johnson. I was right to look there. I had the perfect pair of earrings within a few minutes, and I quickly went on in search of a white rabbit ring. While searching I fell upon a must-have necklace. An intricate glass bottle labeled "Drink Me" looked perfect. To top off the look I added some tubes of lipgloss. Here is the complete look:

Dress; Art Deco Tiered Ruffle Dress With Removable Straps, $89.95  New York & Co.  Earrings; English Tea Set Mismatch Earrings, $45 Betsey Johnson  Book; Alice's Adventures In Wonderland, $20 Anthropologie  Sash; Meredith Wendell Tie textured leather wrap belt, $175 Net-A-Porter  Lipgloss; Yves Saint Laurent Golden Gloss comes in 17 GOLDEN CHERRY, 30 GOLDEN SATIN, 43 GOLDEN IRREVERENCE, 42 GOLDEN OBSESSION, 40 GOLDEN IMPERTI, 48SPARKLLING WINE, 7 GOLDEN AMBER, 2 GOLDEN PRALINE, 18 GOLDEN LAVENDER, 19 GOLDEN PETAL, 12 GLDEN CINNAMON, 46SPARKLE SILVER, 47SPARKLE FUCHSIA, 14 GOLDEN PURPLE, 41 GOLDEN ISOLENCE, 10 GOLDEN PEONY, 3 GOLDEN PINK, 1 SIMPLY GOLD, 4 GOLDEN FUSHIA, 20 GOLDEN MACADAMIA, 11 GOLDEN WHISPER (Try using Golden Pink or Golden Fuschia), $30 Neiman Marcus  Necklace; Disney Couture Alice In Wonderland Bottle Pendant With Engraved Quote, $75 Endless.com  Ring; Disney Couture Alice In Wonderland "Believe In Yourself" Rabbit Ring, $35 Endless.com  Shoe; Alexander McQueen Peep Toe Bow Wedge, $1,050 Zappos Couture
Description: 

Alice fell down the rabbit hole again! But this time she's ready! Decked out in a stunning outfit, she slips through the door in the wall. Her "Drink Me" necklace is perfect for if she has a bit of a growth issue later on. She quickly impressed the white rabbit with her chic ring. When meeting her hosts at the Mad Tea Party she fit right in with her whimsical mismatched tea set earrings. The red queen quickly grew envious of Alice's stunning ensemble and striking shoes. But before she could shout, "Off with her head!!!", Alice woke up. Still looking as perfect as ever.

See you soon! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment