Monday, August 1, 2011

Introduction

Hello, my name is Anne. Ever since I was a little girl I've had a passion for fashion.  In kindergarten, we were given time to draw. I drew myself of course, as did many other classmates. Most kids had produced scrawny stick figures with large round bulbous heads, thin stiff legs, and usually baring no clothes. I, on the other hand, was modeling a purple shift dress with matching nails and crimson lips. We continued the day with a famous question, "What do you want to be when you grow up?". When it was my turn I showed them my drawing and replied, "A fashion designer." They questioned me, asking if I was sure of my choice. Of course I was! They merely smiled at me, nodding their heads, sure that I would quickly change my mind. In first grade we were asked again. Most kids had changed their responses, but mine had stayed the same. Each year I grew more determined to have a place in the fashion world. By second grade I had thought up a name for my brand, created a logo, and studied many trends. I worked furiously, sketching away and recreating visions of designs as well as picking up fashion books. Before long I was judging many designers on fashion shows, watching recordings of runways, studying every detail of every work, challenging myself to create pieces along with designers on Project Runway, and teaching myself to hand-sew. I was extremely eager and quickly excited to pursue the idea of creating a fashion blog. I have created 6 types of articles to be featured here. Style Collage, Anne Analysis, Runaway to the Runway, Creative Concoction, and Style Secrets. A daily blog, one of the feature articles shall be posted every day. I hope you enjoy this blog and my passion for fashion.

No comments:

Post a Comment