Thursday, November 3, 2011

Style Collage: Vampire Weekend Vixen

Hello world! Do you know what tomorrow is? Of course you do! Tomorrow's Friday! I have a wonderful collage planned, but today I have something different to share. Today's look is inspired by a certain New York originating band called Vampire Weekend. A mix of indie, rock, and pop music; this band is always filling up my home with their melodious music. The look started out with a simple yet iconic "I Love New York" T-shirt. I added a pair of cute skinny jeans afterwards. Not wanting to go to casual I added a fab black blazer. For shoes, I felt that I needed some rad ankle boots. I was in luck! A pair of studded Stuart Weitzman boots awaited me at Neiman Marcus. For accessories I was ecstatic to find the perfect earrings. Adorable taxi cab studs from Betsey Johnson! I needed something that featured the glorious Statue of Liberty. I was glad to find a cute black watch with a simple Statue of Liberty face to fit my needs. For makeup, I wanted to use something more dramatic and edgy. Thank goodness I knew just what I needed. American flag decorated lips! Not wanting to go overboard on the drama, I topped off the look with some basic black eyeliner. Here is the complete collage.


Lips; Temporary Lip Tattoo in The American Flag, $9.99 Violentlips.com  Earrings; Car Studs, $22.50 Betsey Johnson  Jeans; 811 Mid-Rise Skinny Leg, $202 J Brand  Blazer; BCBGMAXAZRIA black woven stretch contrast 'Kana' boyfriend blazer, $149 Bluefly.com  Eyeliner; Black Eye Pencil by 3 Custom Color, $15 Cultbeauty.com  Shirt; Find this at NY's official gift shop website or at a tourist shop if you happen to visit the beautiful state itself  Watch; Women's Croton Silver Statue of Liberty Watch With Black Strap, $99.99 Target  Shoes; Stuart Weitzman Stud-Detail Ankle Boot, $535 Neiman Marcus


Description: A chic Vampire Weekend vixen in New York. Who knows! You might end up with some backstage passes...


Until next time! Chow!

No comments:

Post a Comment