Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Style Collage: Boudoir Style

Hello world! I have some things that are a little bit different from my other posts to share today. The first is that I have decided to attach a photo that inspired the collage I produced. The other is the style of the collage I assembled. I am sure the title gave you a clue as to what you might expect ;). I admit I was rather hesitant about writing this post, but the collage looked so beautiful that I simple HAD to share it! Are you ready? Good! Let's start by sharing my inspirational photo (I actually already had this photo on hand as a piece of inspiration).



I started putting together this look with gorgeous silk and chiffon "dress". After that, I decided to add a little mystery. So I added the most luxurious of black silk trenches! For accessories, I picked out some very beautiful pearl drop earrings. For the shoes, I was thrilled to find some 'Fierce' strappy heels! They were perfect! I am not quite sure whether or not champagne glasses count as an accessory, but let's just include them in the party :). On to the makeup! For the eyeshadow, I had trouble choosing which palette to go with. I finally decided upon a silver Dior (thinking that it should be applied VERY lightly so as to create a shimmer and not a matte eye). However, there were a number of pinks and skin-toned hues to choose from for those who prefer the skin like colours. After I had the eyeshadow done, I decided to add an eyeliner pencil. Just for a hint of mystery and seductiveness. Now, I don't care for false eyelashes. They always seem tacky and fake to me. But in this instance, these "if you can't take it, just fake it" lashes looked exquisite! And they looked marvelous with the rest of the look! So I let them pass. After I had made an exception for those fantastic faux lashes, I was off to pick out a lipgloss with the perfect nude hue to suit the "dress". Though it took a bit of a search, I finally found it. The perfect gloss! However, I am sad to report that I have lost my notes regarding the product information for those wishing to purchase it :(. After the lips were taken care of, I just needed the finishing touch to polish off my greatly anticipated collage. The perfume. There are two ways to go when it comes to "sultry" scents. The first path can take you to a rather cheap and unpolished place. The second path however, can take you to place of sensual luxury. I of course, chose the second path. And at the end of that road lay Gucci's Guilty Intense perfume. I had heard about it, and the following description (quoted from Macy's website) made me certain of my choice (I admit the scent I would later smell helped me be sure of my choice as well): "Gucci Guilty Intense is a twist from the successful Guilty scent you know, made more intense, provocative and sensual. The floral signature of the lilac flower has been enriched with violet accents and made even more feminine with hints of powdery notes. The addictive patchouli and ambery dry down has been greatly enhanced for a darker and more provocative trail. Experience Gucci Guilty Intense with this 2.5 oz Eau de Parfum Spray.". Okay, I think I have made you wait to long for the collage! So here it is:

Trench Coat; Emanuel Ungaro Duchess silk-satin trench, $886 (Sale Price. Original Price; $4,430 TheOutnet.com  Eyelashes; Napoleon Perdis Lash Patrol Strip #747 M, $9 Ulta  Dress; Julien Macdonald Lace-detailed silk-chiffon dress, $1,538 (Sale Price. Original Price; $4,395) TheOutnet.com  Perfume;  Gucci Guilty Intense Eau de Parfum, 2.5 oz, $102 Macy's  Earrings; Carolee Pave Loop & Pearl Drop Earrings, $45 Dillard's  Champagne Glass; Champagne Flute - Unbreakable Polycarbonate by Prodyne, $4.99 Cooking.com  Shoes; Badgley Mischka black satin 'Fierce' strappy sandals, $122 Bluefly.com  Eyeliner; Elizabeth Arden Smoky Eyes Powder Pencil, $16 Dillard's  Eyeshadow; Dior 1-Colour Extreme in Chrome, $28.50 Bloomingdale's

Description: Sultry. Mysterious. Seductive. Luxurious. Sensual. It's all part of the look. Can you work it?

Hope the wait was worth it! Until next time! Au revior!

No comments:

Post a Comment